Sunday, August 06, 2006

I was informed that a meeting was held at the water treatment plant to inform all employees that they are not to have any contact with or talk with me. Upon learning of this, I phoned the lead shift operator phone number and talked with every one answering. I called several times until I covered all shifts. If I missed you, don't feel slighted, I will eventually try again.

I also sent this letter to the labor union. They have not replied.

Attention: National Conference of Firemen and Oilers SEIU Local 1227

Earlier this year, I gave a tour of the West Palm Beach water treatment plant to a (Union official) of local1227. I have since left the city. In part due to that tour,
my coworkers, many of them friends, have been order not to have any contact
with, or speak with me.

While the (Union official) and I both agreed that the city had a safety problem at their
plant, there has been no positive change since that time. The (Union official) later
notified me that the problem had been referred to the shop steward. If she did
anything about our concerns, it has not been enough for anyone to notice.

Since I am no longer a dues paying member of your union local, you need not do
any thing about this issue for my benefit, however there are a few union members
left at the water treatment plant who could use your assistance with the
abrogation of their civil rights by their employer.

Unless the right of free association has been lifted in this country or is no
longer available to employees of the City of West Palm Beach, I hope you can do
better than to deep six the issue with the shop steward this time.

Please look over my blog. Feel free to correct any errors or omissions via the
comments section. http://what-is-wrong-with-palm-beach-water.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home